can we help
Our Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists help babies, pre-schoolers and school age children who need assistance with reaching their developmental potential. This includes children who experience difficulties with balance, co-ordination & movement, fine motor skills (including handwriting), visual perceptual skills, sensory processing difficulties, emotional regulation, and more. We work with children in a well equipped and fun therapy gym, with an option for Telehealth appointments for families / whanau who live in other parts of New Zealand, or who are unable to make face to face appointments.
IF YOUR CHILD...
- is often clumsy
- has poor balance / co-ordination
- has difficulties using playground equipment
- needs lots of help with self care tasks
- struggles using equipment like scissors or a knife and fork
- struggles with sports and ball skills
- has handwriting and other fine motor difficulties
- has difficulties listening to and remembering instructions
- finds it hard to engage in academic learning
- has noise, tactile or other sensory sensitivities
- struggles with sports
- gets easily over-stimulated or overwhelmed
- finds gross motor activities hard to learn
- struggles with jigsaw puzzles and construction based activities
- struggles with reading
- has difficulties regulating their emotions
- appears to have low self esteem
- lacks confidence to try new things
…or if you have noticed anything else that you are concerned about we would encourage you to come and see us at The Kids’ Place to discuss how we can best support your child.
Children (and their family / whanau) usually feel a sense of relief when they understand there is a reason why they are struggling.
We work with babies and children to overcome challenges they may have with play, learning, attention, movement skills and individual sensory and emotional challenges.