At our School Readiness Squads (or “Big School Squads ” as the children call them), we practice foundation skills for school in a group setting to help prepare children for a happy transition to the classroom and school playground.
The group will target some key gross and fine motor skills such as:
- Games and activities to help develop the skills for learning.
- Fine motor skills to support the development of handwriting
- Strength and stamina including core stability
- Balance, climbing and ball/visual tracking skills
With a focus on increasing:
- Confidence with classroom activities and playground equipment
- Social skills and communication with peers
- Self-esteem and confidence in a small and safe environment
- Organisation and independence